High School Ensemble
Perform Shakespeare while backpacking off the Appalachian Trail in this four week summer camp! Get expert training in acting, speaking Shakespeare, and stage combat, and take the show on the road, all in majesty of the great outdoors.
For current 8th – 12th graders
- Camp Session 1: June 18 – July 13, 2018
- Camp Session 2: July 16 – August 10, 2018
This summer, the High School Ensemble will perform Love’s Labor’s Lost. The king and his friends swear not to speak to women – right when the Princess of France arrives at court. Can the young men pursue their newfound loves without violating their vows…and will the women respect them if they do? Fake Russians, flamboyant Spaniards, thwarted lovers and glorious word play populate one of Shakespeare’s most dazzling comedies.
Current 8th grader? Learn more about your options!
In the last week of your session, you’ll load up a purple bus with your props, set, costumes, and staff, and taking off for a wild three-day tour to Shenandoah National Park, where you’ll perform at the Skyland Amphitheater, camp out, and enjoy a day hike to go swimming by a waterfall. All this before returning for a final performance festival for family and friends!
- Monday: Normal Camp Day (Dress Rehearsals!)
- Tuesday: Opening Performance! Campers ride the bus home just like normal.
- Wednesday: First Day of Tour! Load the bus and head to Shenandoah.
- Thursday: Full day at Shenandoah, hiking, camping, and performing.
- Friday: Final Festival – Campers return to camp and get ready for their last show. The camp session ends with a big three-play festival in the afternoon/early evening. Afterwards, campers are invited to share s’mores at a last campfire before going home with their parents.
Traveling Players summer camps and classes always offer expert training in acting, character creation, physical comedy, stage combat, improvisation, and text analysis. A typical day at camp isn’t just about rehearsal! Our talented faculty teach daily classes in subjects that help round out the campers as actors and as students.
We also value the spirit of the ensemble. Our ensemble- and team-building adventures create a strong, supportive cast and friendships that will last a lifetime. We teach leave no trace camping, go on ropes courses, and camp out every Thursday night.
- 4 weeks, 4 campouts, 4 performances
- Group size limited to 13 (4:1 student-faculty ratio)
- Expert Instructors
- Daily Acting Classes
- Bus Transportation Included
- Campouts every Thursday
- Tuition: $2,500 ($2,400 before Feb. 11)
He has learned to think, trust, [and] challenge himself…My son has learned these things from Traveling Players Ensemble.
Scholarship Parent, 2006 – 2009