Got questions about Traveling Players’ programs? Make sure to join one of our campfire Q&A sessions!
Artistic Director Jeanne Harrison will be there to answer your questions about our programs, how sleepaway camp will work this summer, and what makes Traveling Players joyous, artistically challenging, and a place for friendships to flourish!
Vaccination Celebration / Open House!
We’re throwing a Vaccination Celebration! Come get your Fauci Ouchie, then stop by the Studio for games, prizes, and a chance to catch up with all your friends — and make some new friends, too!
- Where: Traveling Players Studio, Tysons Corner Center 1st Floor
- When: Sat, June 5
- 10 – 11 am: Mythsters (grades 4-6)
- 11 -1 pm: Thespians (grades 5-8)
- 1-3 pm: Dramatists (grades 8-12)
- Who: ALL Traveling Players! (current, prospective, former)
- Even if you’re still considering Traveling Players for this summer
- Even if you aren’t quite old enough to the shot,
- Even if you can’t join us this summer
- Even if you already got the shot!
- Want to meet the us before auditioning/registering this weekend? Come!
- Have a friend who you’ve always wanted to bring to camp? Bring them along!
- How: JUST SHOW UP – NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED! The vaccination center takes walk-ins and they don’t care where you’re from. Virginia, DC, Maryland, California — all are welcome!
- If you’d like to make an appointment, visit this website and use the zip code 22102 to find the “Tysons Community Vaccination Center”
Most of our students are 12 and older, so 95% of our community could be fully vaccinated before summer — putting us in the range for herd immunity. We know that vaccinations are a personal choice, and we do not require them for campers, but for everyone’s protection, we highly recommend campers arriving to camp fully vaccinated. By coming this weekend, you will be fully vaccinated (both shots) and fully immunized (plus 2 weeks) on June 19, which is before the first day of camp (June 27)! Our staff is required to get the vaccine and already has.
Hope to see you Saturday, and we cannot wait to spend the summer with you all!
Campfire Q&A / Virtual Open House!
- Friday, May 21, 7-8 pm (EST).
- Suitable for students in grades 4-12 and their parents/guardians.
- We recommend that students and parents join on separate devices. We’ll put you in different breakout rooms so that all your questions can get answered efficiently by the right people!
- Event held online via Zoom.
- Hosts: Jeanne Harrison & Morgan Shotwell
We found Traveling Players through family friends, and both of my daughters have absolutely fallen in love with the program, the people and its entire ethos. Heck, their hearts go pitter-patter at the mere sight of the purple Traveling Players bus. They have made very close friendships and have grown as people through their summers at Traveling Players.