2020 Field Trips
Go to plays at local theatres along with other campers and Traveling Players staff. Ride in a purple bus (or meet us at the venue). We offer field trips throughout the year, including our annual trip to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. Yes, parents can sign up for field trips as well!
National Theatre's Twelfth Night
Grab your popcorn, don your comfiest theatre-going attire and join us for a virtual field trip all the way across the pond to see the National Theatre’s 2017 production of Twelfth Night, followed by a discussion with Artistic Director Jeanne Harrison.
Wednesday, April 29th, 5:00pm – 9:00 pm
Cost: FREE! Traveling Players is a registered nonprofit supported by donations from community members like you.
Location: Online via ZOOM.
Ages: Open to everyone in fourth grade and up! Adult, alums, parents, and grandparents can all join! Rated PG for the whole night.
Host: Founder & Producing Artistic Director Jeanne Harrison.
- Watch the trailer here!
- Can’t watch live with us? Watch it now on Youtube and join us at 8 for the post show discussion!
- Want to get a head-start on our roundtable discussion? Check out National Theatre’s collection of short films (2-3 minutes each) on the major themes of the play.
- About The Production: Simon Godwin (Artistic Director of DC’s own Shakespeare Theatre Company) directs this joyous production with Tamsin Greig (Friday Night Dinner, Black Books) as Malvolia and an ensemble cast that includes Daniel Rigby (Flowers, Jericho), Tamara Lawrence (Undercover), Doon Mackichan (Smack the Pony) and Daniel Ezra (The Missing, Undercover). Click here for the full program.
Maryland Renaissance Festival
Travel back in time, immersing yourself in Renaissance street performances, food, songs and fun! Our annual field trip will take in high-quality street performance, beautiful handicrafts, and of course, cheesecake on a stick.
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Rain or shine!
Bus Times: Purple bus picks up at McLean Pizza at 9:00 am and at Pyle Middle School at 9:30 am. Evening dropoff is 4:30 pm at Pyle and 5:00 at McLean Pizza.
What to bring: Bring a lunch to eat on the bus, your water bottle, and $15 for food. There will be food, souvenirs, clothing and jewelry on sale; your child could happily spend an additional $5 to $500 if you’re willing to part with it. Wear shoes you can walk in on uneven terrain. Bring rain gear.
Age limit: you must be at least 12 years old or in 7th grade to participate.
Faculty chaperone/bus driver: Jeanne Harrison
Cost: varies by age of student (please bring ID if you are age 12-15 to ensure the lower rate)
Age 12-15: $65 ($55 before Friday, Sept. 13 at midnight)
Age 16 and older: $75 ($65 before Friday, Sept. 13 at midnight)
- Maryland Renaissance Festival (annual trip!)
- The Miser, Moliere — Faction of Fools
- Pericles, Shakespeare — Folger Shakespeare Library
- The Winter’s Tale, Shakespeare — Shakespeare Theater Company